Cardiac Scoring at Premier Imaging
The American Heart Association states that “over 15 million Americans have a heart attack annually.” Cardiac Scoring can detect the subtle, early signs of heart disease. Cardiac score is a fast, painless procedure that can determine whether or not you have significant plaque within your heart vessels. With this information, your physician can recommend appropriate treatment to include lifestyle changes, medication or further evaluation.
Indications for having a screening Cardiac Score may include:
• High blood pressure (greater than 140/90)
• Cigarette smoking
• High cholesterol
• Sedentary lifestyle (exercises less than 3x weekly)
• Family history of heart disease
• High stress lifestyle
• Overweight by 20% or more
• Women over 55 years of age
• Men over 45 years of age
Know the facts about heart disease.
Cardiac scoring is used to diagnose coronary artery disease (CAD) in an early stage and determine its severity. CAD is the leading cause of death in the United States.
• 58 million Americans have one or more forms of cardiovascular disease
• Coronary heart disease is the #1 killer of men and women in the United States
• More Americans die of heart disease, than all types of cancer combined
• At least 250,000 people a year die of a heart attack before they reach a hospital
• 12 million people alive today have a history of heart attack, chest pain or both
Cardiac Scoring is offered at Premier Imaging’s Wornall location.
For more information, you may contact our scheduling department at: 816-941-1400.